Get puffing and shooting


I am always searching the web looking for new and exciting #photographic techniques that are pushing the boundaries of the medium. This week I came across the work of #Stoffel De Roover and his amazing “Smoke Art Photography”.

#De Roover says of his work “The smoke can be considered the subject or the medium to create something else. Some focus on its own beauty and pureness, others use it as ‘paint’ to create stunning artwork. I think my work lies somewhere in the middle: For the images in my gallery with the exception of a few, each image has the smoke of just one capture. In some cases duplicated or mirrored”. He continues “Every time I shoot smoke I’m in awe at the shapes and forms I see. No two twirls are the same.”

I urge you to take a look a selection of De Roover’s work at www.lumendipity.com where I am sure you will be inspired to have a go. So here is a clue how to get started - grab your camera, light up a ciggie and get puffing and shooting.

ABOUT theSTUDIO

Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
theSTUDIO (an Artfusion company) was established to service the Digital Fine Art Printing Market by working with artists to both reproduce and extend their art.