Generated Mythology



Debbie Doyle
Liberated
Flip Chart marker and Acrylic on Canvas - 7ft x 6ft








I came across the work of contemporary artist Debbie Doyle just recently. Her work is both humorous and thought-provoking, often prompting debate surrounding the definition of what art is.
What is intriguing about Doyle's work is its diversity and its sometimes surreal qualities. Talking about her process she says" I start by drawing on jotting block paper using an ordinary black felt tip pen. I carry my drawing tools in my bag, so it’s always a bit messy inside." She continues "I then scan the drawing into the computer and get a large format template printed which I then use to recreate the image on canvas using acyrlic paint and flip chart markers."

Doyle's most recent body of work explores the liberalisation in the late 1960s and early 1970s, for example abortion, gay rights, equal pay and the birth of the women's liberation movement the latter of which generated mythology almost before it was born such as bra burning.

ABOUT theSTUDIO

Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
theSTUDIO (an Artfusion company) was established to service the Digital Fine Art Printing Market by working with artists to both reproduce and extend their art.